Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Be My Valentine 1

That red, pink, and heart shaped holiday is just around the corner (next Monday in case you haven't checked your calendar). In the demonstrator world, we have been cranking out Valentine themed items for a month or more now. I have a stash. Here's a couple of projects I created and in the next few days, I'll feature cards others have made.

Speaking of that heart shape, I <3 FREE stuff, don't you!? This is the best time of year to get some free stamp sets. SALE-A-BRATION is when customers get a SAB stamp set for free with every $50 purchase, hostesses get an extra stamp set when they host a $300 or more workshop. To make it even sweeter, signing up as a demonstrator has it's own incentive as well: 15% off the new demonstrator kit AND an extra bundle of goodies valued at up to $50 is added. Now that's what I call SWEET! Take advantage by contacting me!

This is my February workshop make-and-take:

The owl punch combined with Real Red cardstock and Designer Paper or Regal Rose cardstock and Melon Mambo Designer Paper makes a super cute and simple Valentine gift. I also added a magnet strip to the back to hang on the refrigerator.

This next card is one I created for my January unit meeting. Those who want make a stack of cards and we have a contest and swap. A few get prizes and everyone who participates gets to go home with a bunch of new samples and ideas. Here's mine - I won 2nd place (after a tie and a drawing to choose the winner...lol!):

The next picture is one I made when I was playing around with the flowers. You'll see. I will make another post later about the flowers. I have really connected with these paper flowers and made a bunch (no pun intended) of cards with them. I could continue making them, but I worry I may get in a rut doing it ;-)



This shows the detail of the flower.
I'd love comments and if you have any questions, let me know!

BTW, all the stamp images on these cards are registered to Stampin' Up! I don't have one of those fancy signature things yet, but I have ordered it.

2 comments:

  1. Dorothea, these projects are fabulous! The owl clips are so cheery. The valentine cards came together so nicely. They are beautiful. Great job! Now I'm in the mood to make some Valentines! :)

    ReplyDelete